Search

Hi,

I have just installed a testing copy of Symphony 2.0.1. Some issues appear to be present.

• The maintenance page is causing XSLT errors. See it here: Symphony 2 Test
  • The 'Select Box Link' field type is broken. The defaulty install has the Articles section linked to the Categories section. If you do nothing except open the section editor on Articles and save changes, the link will break and you cannot make it stick after that.

Nothing else yet, I'll add anything else I find.

Neil

It may be that the 'Select Box Link' is only broken on my install. Going to re-install and try again.

Just wiped and re-installed my testing copy. Still the same issue with the 'Select Box Link'.

There is a thread on the bug tracker for the select box link. I've diagnosed half of the problem, but haven't figured the rest out.

Bug reports are best added to the tracker. Quite often you may find other people have the same problem (especially after a release).

Thanks Nick, although your link to the bug tracker appears to come back to this forum thread. Also, are we saying that this bug means 2.0.1 is unusable, at least for production purposes?

Apologies, I've rectified the link in my post.

2.0.1 does improve stability in other areas, but this is a bug in the Select Box Link field which is actually an extension (but bundled with the 2.0.1 download). v1.4 of the field is stable, but the latest 1.5 has introduced a couple of bugs.

Most likely a fix will be issued in a day or so.

Thanks Nick, that's good to know. I had a look in the bug tracker and tried some of the ideas suggested, leaving my comments as I went.

As you say, hopefully as fix is incoming.