Search

Anyone using Union Datasource with Symphony 2.4 or 2.5?

My site’s currently on v2.3.4 and I’d like to stay current, but I lack the coding chops to fix any compatibility issues on my own.

The integration branche does work with 2.4/2.5 but not thoroughly tested.

I got only an issue with repeating ds params.

I'm trying the integration branch on a site upgraded from 2.3.3 to 2.5.2. The only issue I'm seeing is that the 'Include a count of entries in associated sections' values are being lost. Instead of a number, the attribute value is "array".

The included DSes are fine on their own, so presumably the Union DS is the cause. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And thoughts on where to start looking would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Further to the above issue, from what I can see, this is just a matter of updating the function setDatasourceAssociatedEntryCounts() in datasource.union.php to reflect the new core function of setAssociatedEntryCounts() in class.datasource.section.php.

Sorry I haven't done a pull request on github, but I haven't really learned the process yet.

Having these attributes give the count for every field (including where multiple fields refer to the same section) is a very useful addition to the core, by the way!

Hi guys, I am using Symphony 2.5.2. When I add a Union Datasource it doesn't actually let me choose the datasource; it just adds every single datasource I have created. Issue because it's not supported by 2.5.2? I attached some screen images for reference:

1. union datasource: shows what options I have for the union datasource
  2. data sources view: shows what sources are included within the union data source i created.

Thanks, Adam

Attachments:
data sources view.png and union datasource.png

I was going to suggest using the integration branch, as I have it working with Symphony 2.5.2. But now I see that Brendan has gone and released version 1.1 just a few hours ago. Does that solve your issue?

And thanks Brendan!

Yup, Brian, 1.1 appears to work. Thanks, Brendan!