Search

Hello you goodly Symphonians,

I have a contact form that seems to be working but the message it generates looks like this:

Dear Fetimo, This is a courtesy email to notify you that an entry was created on the Received E-mails section. You can edit the entry by going to: http://a.url.com/symphony/publish/received-e-mails/edit/102/

'fields[message]'

The result XML all looks ship-shape and Bristol fashion:

<!-- <events> <save-message id="103" result="success" type="created"> <filter name="send-email" status="passed" /> <message>Entry created successfully.</message> <post-values> <name>fetimo</name> <email>who@where.com</email> <message>Unicorns aren't all their cracked up to be.</message> </post-values> </save-message> </events> -->

Form is written just like this:

<form method="post" action="" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <fieldset>
    <label for="name">Name</label><br/>
    <input type="text" id="name" name="fields[name]" required="required" placeholder="Your name"/>
    <br/>
    <label for="email">Contact E-mail</label><br/>
    <input type="email" id="email" name="fields[email]" required="required" placeholder="E-mail address"/>
    <br/>
    <label for="message">Your Message </label><br/>
    <textarea id="message" name="fields[message]" rows="9" cols="30" required="required"></textarea>

<input name="send-email[sender-email]" value="fields[email]" type="hidden" />
    <input name="send-email[sender-name]" value="fields[name]" type="hidden" />
    <input name="send-email[subject]" value="You are being contacted" type="hidden" />
    <input name="send-email[body]" value="fields[message]" type="hidden" />
    <input name="send-email[recipient]" value="fetimo" type="hidden" /><br/>
    <!--<input name="redirect" type="hidden" value="{$root}/contact/success/" />-->

<input id="submit" type="submit" name="action[save-message]" value="Send Message" />
    </fieldset>
</form>

Anyone know where it might be going awry?

Which version of Symphony are you using?

Hi michael-e, I'm using 2.2.

Found the problem. The current ZIP download includes a hotfix which breaks emailing (precisely sepaking the __sendEmailFindFormValue functionality). It worked fine before this fix was added.

Would you please post a bug report for this on the issue tracker, including a link to this forum thread? I am rather sure that the team will address the issue soon.

If it's a very urgent matter for you, you might consider using the current Symphony development code which can be found on Github: https://github.com/symphonycms/symphony-2/tree/integration. On this page you can simply click the "download" button in the upper right to get a ZIP download.

(The official "stable version" ZIP must be fixed anyway, so if it's not very urgent, you might wait for the team to jump into it.)

[EDIT]: I double-checked that the current Symphony development code (i.e. the Github integration branch, as linked above) works "as advertised".

Huzzah! Updating to 2.2.1 Beta2 fixed it. I've posted the issue here: http://getsymphony.com/discuss/issues/view/613/

Thanks for your superb assistance, Michael =)

You are welcome!