Search

Hi Guys,

As we all know minification as well as parallelization are essential to make a page load faster on client systems. Whilst working with wordpress over the weekend I came across two plugins which work on the above.

Whilst there are plugins which take care of caching for symphony I didn't find any that deal with minification or paralellization.

My idea is to create an extension that

1. Identifies CSS & JS - And asks user if he would like these minified
  2. Allows for separate settings in relation to minification
  3. Allows user to set additional sub domains for parallelization
  4. During Minification automatically adds sub-domains to relative paths to create efficient parallelization (can be disabled)
  5. Saves sub-domain used for each image - so if image is called from multiple locations the sub-domain would be consistent
  6. Versioning of JS / CSS - everytime a css file is added or script re-run.

That's the main idea - I wonder if any of you would have any further ideas / amendments to make. PS note that I am interested in combined plugin so I would not have to automatically Balance the files within CSS.5.

Of relevance: Static Files Compressor

seen the extension - don't really like the parameters in the minification. Plus I do need a little bit more functionality than that in some aspects. Though it is relevant to the subject :)

Was wondering if anyone would have any ideas that would make this extension better so once done we can release it to the community :)