Search

Hi,

I'm building a site offline using xampp and I want to put it online.

I've exported the database I created when I first started and imported it in phpmyadmin with my host (seemingly successfully).

I've pasted the contents of the folder I was using in xampp into my htdocs folder online and I get this:

Warning: require_once(C:/xampp/htdocs/s/symphony/lib/boot/bundle.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /f1/content/descign/public/manifest/config.php on line 106

Fatal error: requireonce() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:/xampp/htdocs/s/symphony/lib/boot/bundle.php' (includepath='.:/nfsn/apps/php5/lib/php/:/nfsn/apps/php/lib/php/') in /f1/content/descign/public/manifest/config.php on line 106

Obviously something thinks it's still on my machine.

I anticipated it not being as easy as the method I used and now I've no idea what I'm doing.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance,

o~

You will at least have to change the following in your manifest/config.php:

• DOCROOT
  • DOMAIN
  • database: user
  • database: password
  • database: db

Depending on your development/live environments, there might be more things to do like changing .htaccess rewrite rules. (The latter should only be necessary if one of your installations is not running in a root directory, but in a sub-directory.)

The easiest way is to make an Ensemble and in install it on your new server, but I can't get that to work in my dev environment.

Another way that I've been able to move a site is like this:

Dev environment

• export the database
  • copy 'workspace' folder

Production server

• install Symphony with the same version and extensions
  • replace database with exported one from the dev environment
  • replace 'workspace' folder with the one from the dev environment

This has worked for me so I don't have to mess with editing all the server paths in config files.

If anyone thinks this process is a bad idea, let me know! :-)

Thanks for the help guys.

After trying Michael's suggestion I have this:

if(!defined('DOCROOT')) define('DOCROOT', 'http://www.mysite.com/htdocs');
if(!defined('DOMAIN')) define('DOMAIN', 'http://www.mysite.com');

in my config.php file, and have changed the "'host' => 'localhost'" to blah.db thing that my host gave me.

Now I get this:

Warning: require_once(http://www.mysite.com/htdocs/symphony/lib/boot/bundle.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Redirection limit reached, aborting in /f1/content/mysite/public/manifest/config.php on line 106

Fatal error: requireonce() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'http://www.mysite.com/htdocs/symphony/lib/boot/bundle.php' (includepath='.:/nfsn/apps/php5/lib/php/:/nfsn/apps/php/lib/php/') in /f1/content/mysite/public/manifest/config.php on line 106

I have less than no idea what any of that means. (typing mysite.com/ANYTHING gives a redirect loop error).

Any ideas? I thought this would be something that loads of people had done before, I'm quite surprised not to see a tutorial on it tbh. :)

I also tried myblank's suggestion and when I just try to do a plain install of symphony (online) I get an error saying that I don't have permission to access the root (even though everything is set to 777).

This is pretty confusing.

It is indeed easier (and probably faster) to follow Mr. Blank's instructions, especially because a new installation on the live server will automatically detect the server path for you! (The second adantage will be: correct file ownership, which will not be the case if you upload everything via FTP.)

Actually your path is wrong, because it should be the path on the server, i.e. something like /is/htdocs/54362754235/www/

As I mentioned, this path will be detected automatically when you do a fresh installation of Symphony.

On many shared hosting accounts, you can not set the root directory to 777. In this case you will have to install Symphony in a sub-directory. (You should be able to set your domain root directory to a sub-directory on the server.)

After some messing around it turns out mrblank's method does work perfectly.

I think I managed to set the permissions incorrectly first time. In the end I just set everything to 777, installed, then set everything back.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Typically the Symphony installation process invokes the following:

• upload everything
  • set root directory permissions to 777 (needed for PHP to write .htaccess file)
  • set symphony directory permissions to 777 (needed for PHP to write .htaccess file)
  • set workspace directory permissions to 777 (recursively!)
  • install
  • set root directory permissions to 755 again
  • set symphony directory permissions to 755 again

I am rather sure that Lewis is planning to include a more detailed explanation the documentation. I noticed that this is not explained in the README. Perhaps the team thinks about including some short instructions there.