Search

According to the installation instructions I've used I'm supposed to take the contents of the downloaded directory and dump them into my doc root directory. Hmm, no other web app I've used (joomla, drupal, magnolia, cmsms, and my php and tomcat web apps I've made myself) do this.

I do not want to do this so I end up with a url like symphony-2/symphony/ xxxx.

Why is it like this?

You don't include the symphony-2 directory, just its contents. So let's say your server root is:

/var/www/html/

Your files would go in there:

/var/www/html/extensions/
/var/www/html/symphony/
/var/www/html/workspace/
/var/www/html/index.php

Just like any other system. The symphony/ directory is just where the core code lives.

Yeah, but this will make a mess of my root directory. I have other web apps there too. Am I going to have to create an additional instance of apache with a different port to run symphony and my other web apps on the same machine? Or is there a way to configure multiple doc root directories in Apache?

For example I already have drupal, hh-manager(php app), hh(php app), and joomla directories in there.

Well, you really can set up your server however you like. Root directory, subdirectory... Symphony doesn't care. And the folder structure doesn't affect your URL structure.

Where is this hosted?

Symphony is one of the few CMSs I've used that does let you put it wherever you like (subdirectories etc).

Never mind, It does work the same way all the others do. I got confused with the symphony subdirectory that's in there.