Search

Hi! Here is my problem: I installed Symphony for the first time this morning and probably did something wrong, but don’t know what.

I followed the installation [guide][1] and it all seems ok, but in the last step of the installation I try to access the admin area (http://www.mysite.net/symphony) and the only thing I see is the default index with the default template. I don't be able to access the admin area, and I'm redirect always to this page: http://www.mysite.net/symphony/blueprints/sections/

why? hepl me please:-)) thanks Rik

What kind of web server are you on? Also, would you mind posting your htaccess file that was created at install?

my web hosting is Dreamhost. linux. I checked immediately .htaccess file (which was hidden!) and I noticed that were still present from previous configurations of my old cms (Wolf) that I had installed on the same host as a test a few months ago.... removing all the files of the old CMS had not been eliminated .htaccess file, and then during the installation of the symphony had been written on the same information htaccess! Now, I deleted was not about the symphony .htaccess file and now the problem is solved!!! Thanks a lot :-))!!!

@rikzanini - glad that helped. Enjoy Symphony!

I believe that Symphony will be the future of my web projects, I'm starting to discover its potential every day, I hope not to have to change my mind :-) thank bye!

hi... I also have the same problem. I'm on windows with WAMP2.1

I'm able to install until the end. This is my .htaccess:

Symphony 2.2.x

Options +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /symphony/

### SECURITY - Protect crucial files
RewriteRule ^manifest/(.*)$ - [F]
RewriteRule ^workspace/utilities/(.*).xsl$ - [F]
RewriteRule ^workspace/pages/(.*).xsl$ - [F]
RewriteRule ^(.*).sql$ - [F]
RewriteRule (^|/). - [F]

### DO NOT APPLY RULES WHEN REQUESTING "favicon.ico"
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} favicon.ico [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [S=14]

### IMAGE RULES
RewriteRule ^image/(.+.(jpg|gif|jpeg|png|bmp))$ extensions/jit_image_manipulation/lib/image.php?param=$1 [L,NC]

### CHECK FOR TRAILING SLASH - Will ignore files
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*)/$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1/ [L,R=301]

### URL Correction
RewriteRule ^(symphony/)?index.php(/.*/?) $1$2 [NC]

### ADMIN REWRITE
RewriteRule ^symphony/?$ index.php?mode=administration&%{QUERY_STRING} [NC,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^symphony(/(.*/?))?$ index.php?symphony-page=$1&mode=administration&%{QUERY_STRING}   [NC,L]

### FRONTEND REWRITE - Will ignore files and folders
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*/?)$ index.php?symphony-page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}    [L]

#

Thanks..

Update: Got it!... the rewritemodule in apache has to be on. All this while i just enable modrewrite in php.ini. time to start exploring symphony.

It usually is, not always, but usually.. the simple things that trip us up eh! :) glad it's all ready for you to explore.