Search

I recently moved to my buddies server and setup a new Symphony install. We've made it past a lot of permissions tweaks to get everything running. I have just encountered a new error and am stuck.

After changing my Default Area and Language options and hitting Save Changes, the button greys out and nothing happens. No update. No error. Am I missing something on the server/permissions side of things to cause this?

Thanks for any help!

Do you have any extensions installed like Strong Author Passwords that modify the Authors page? Any errors in your browser console?

Yeah, I had that very extension. Is it a JavaScript hold up? It is, however, no longer an issue. I have reverted to my original host, avoiding more development hiccups.

Thanks for the follow though!

Even on my fresh install on my old host I encountered the same bug. I disabled Strong Author Passwords and the authors page behaved normally.

Yes I think this is a new bug with recent Symphony changes. Even when you're not changing a password the extension thinks you are, so disables the save button until a new password is submitted. Sorry about that, I'll issue a fix.

Sound great! Thanks for the help!