Search

A new extension, "Pinnable Field" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Cool! I'm interested to know why the Map Location Field isn't suitable for this purpose. If we can avoid duplication we should — what's the difference between the two?

what's the difference between the two?

Think it's that this one has an image upload when you're creating the section. So you could, for example, upload a drawing of a building and "pin" locations on that.

Bingo, we're using it at work for a Shopping Center. They have a generic store map with store ID's (A1, B1 etc.), so this extension lets them tag a store to a location.

I've already mentioned to Rowan he could drop the 'map' from the description ;)

Oh, you mean like Position Picker?

Exactly like that, except there was something Rowan didn't want/need/IDK that made him build this. He'll chip in this thread one day and let us know why, just don't hold your breath ;)

Hehe, I won't. No problem, just wanted to check what the differences were so we can try and reduce duplicates in the future. Great work though, Rowan, I'm sure this'll come in handy one day :-)

I'm also not sure about why Position Picker could not be used for this. Position Picker also allows for a static image to be used as a 'map'. If I'm missing something here, then perhaps we could join forces and make the most kick-ass extension ever!

alt text

@buzzomatic: in the light of this topic, wouldn't it make sense for use to see how we can combine these two extensions into one?