Search

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a simple archive feature which seems to work insofar as it filters, but it only returns posts from the 1st of each month. This puzzles me!

I've set it up like so:

The page has a URL parameter of 'year/month'.

The relevant data source filters {$year}-{$month}, groups by date and is sorted and grouped by the date.

Somewhat stupidly I made the site live a tad prematurely so you can see it by clicking on any of the archive links on my premature blog (May 2011 and November 2009 work as they have posts on the 1st).

If anyone could illuminate where I'm going wrong I'd be most appreciative!

Try: regexp:{$year}-{$month}. You may also want to look at grouping the data source by the date field.

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for replying, unfortunately that returns nothing, and it's already grouped by the date field (under the Output field, right?).

regexp:{$year}+{$month} returns all the posts by year but seems to ignore the month parameter =/

What is the date format that the field is expecting? Which field type has the date?

Hullo designermonkey,

The date format is the standard one offered by Symphony, i.e. 11 June 2011 00:17 added from the Sections editor. Is that what you meant?

From what I gather from other forum posts it automagically splits this into the {$month}, {$year} parameters, although I could be completely wrong.