Search

A new extension, "Text Upload" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Nice :)

Very nice idea, Craig. And I think I have a bunch of ideas for trying this out. Thanks!

Glad others have use cases for this. Was afraid I was the only one ;)

Hey Craig,

First off, great extension, really useful for managing/tweaking scripts and css within the cms.

Unfortunately I'm having a bit of a major issue where saving an entry overwrites filename of all the entries in that section.

I'm not sure if this is specific to my setup as I'm running a big pile of extensions, including several that might cause issues with the File Upload field (entry_versions, massuploadutility). Basically whenever I save an entry with a Text Upload field, it overwrites all entries in that section with the same filename. The text of the file is also updated - although I'm not sure if this is a symptom of the bug or the intentional result of the file modification handling in the extension. This essentially makes the extension unusable with more than one entry in a section.

Running Symphony 2.2.1 with:

breadcrumb
ckeditor
dashboard
datemodified
datetime
debugdevkit
duplicate_section
edui
entry_versions
export_ensemble
image_index_preview
imagecropper
jit_image_manipulation
language_redirect
maintenance_mode
markdown
massuploadutility
multilingual_field
order_entries
page_lhandles
pagesfield
profiledevkit
publish_shortcuts
publish_tabs
publishfiltering
reflectionfield
richtext_tinymce
search_index
selectbox_link_field
serverheaders
sitemap
sitemap_xml
subsectionmanager
textupload
tracker
uniqueinputfield
xssfilter

I ran into the same problem several days ago, although I have to add that I tweaked the source code a little to allow for the upload and (very basic) parsing of a .csv . But now this seems to be a more general problem.

Running 2.2.1 with:

Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Filter Debug DevKit Export Ensemble Field: Select Box Link Field: Text Upload Formatter: Rich Text (TinyMCE) Maintenance Mode Profile Devkit

Bauhouse, Alpacaaa did you encouter similar problems, unfortunatly my knowledge of PHP might be to limited to spot the bug (/feature)...

Will see if I can reproduce this...

I'm experiencing the same thing: strange issues saving the same file to several entries. When trying to delete a file, the file is not removed from the file system. And I can no longer successfully add a file to the field.

Any progress on this issue yet? I got one site where your plug-in proved really handy and I'd hate to have to find an alternative... I'm not skilled enough to hunt the bug myself unfortunatly, but let me know if I can support you in any form...

Found some time to fix the issue. This is my fork: https://github.com/alpacaaa/textupload.

While I was there, I slightly changed the internals of the field. Basically the data is no longer stored in the db keeping the file as the only source. The only problem with this approach is that metadata information won't be updated until you save the entry and text formatter (if any) will be applied every time the data source runs.

I don't think this would cause any performance hit. In turns, the field becomes much simpler because we don't have to check again and again if the file has changed as the data comes always from there.

Nice! Thanks, Marco. I had originally tried using this extension to build the Bootstrap ensemble. I'll try again.