Search

We've now got a RC1

In keeping with Symphony's new release often development schedule, I'm happy to announce 2.2.2 Beta 1 is ready for testing.

Version 2.2.2 represents the last planned release of the 2.2 branch before Symphony 2.3. This beta represents a number of bugfixes and improvements reported by the community and the working groups.

One of the most notable changes is that Symphony 2.2.2 now requires at minimum MySQL 5.0 to install. Any existing projects on MySQL 4.x should still run on this release, but it's now unsupported territory and will not be actively supported by the Symphony team.

For more details on the changes in 2.2.2 see the changelog

Keep an eye on the blog in the next couple of days for an exciting announcement regarding issue tracking, but in the meantime you can continue to use the issue tracker as normal.

If you find any issues, please post on our Github issue tracker. (What?)

Download

Attachments:
symphony2.2.2beta1.zip

Just would like to know if the table name has meaningful name like in S3? Long waiting for this feature ... Thanks.

Not yet. DB structure won't change for Symphony 2.*

OK, if I am using S2, and later upgrade to S3, which the DB structure will change, can the upgrade done smoothly? I just want to keep the data when doing migration... Thanks!

Don't think so. The next major version is a complete rewrite. We may be able to build an upgrader/importer but no guarantees at the moment...

So from upgrade perspective, it is better if I am using S3 beta version than 2.2.2 formal release, since S3 beta upgrade to S3 production release will be more smoothly? Thanks again!

Not at all, you should treat the S3 'beta' as a proof of concept, the structure will probably change once again. S3 is nowhere near feature complete and has not been tested for production environments.

IMO you are better off continuing with Symphony 2. After all, we are all going to be in the same boat when S3 drops, so an upgrade/migration process will probably be created from budding community members out of necessity and demand.

Really thanks very much, brendo and czheng! I decided to use S2 now.

Announcing the Symphony 2.2.2 Beta 2, available immediately.

What's new?

• The Date field has had some major attention to resolve multiple issues users have reported with filtering and incorrect date parsing
  • Export Ensemble has been updated to 1.16 which allows users without zip support to create ensembles of their website
  • JIT Image Manipulation has been updated with minor tweaks and fixes. Keep your eye out for some exciting changes with this extension in the near future.

The full changelog is available here, or if your hardcore, here.

Download

How can you help?

Take your favourite Symphony site and make a backup of it, then proceed to update.php to upgrade to Symphony 2.2.2 Beta 2. Should anything break, please let the team know via the issue tracker

Attachments:
symphony2.2.2beta2.zip

Symphony 2.2.2 RC 1 is available immediately for testing! Barring any major bugs, this code will be released as is on August 1st. A changelog is available here

Download

Attachments:
symphony2.2.2RC1.zip