Search

Hey Symphonians,

I was looking to do a community website project. One that has people involved and can be distributed freely. I've chatted with several other Symphony users who would be interested, but just wanted to see if there were others. It would be a large code-share and basically I want the project to benefit from all active participants.

The ideal first deliverable is something that manages members, events/classes (including commerce [after first release]), pages, teachings, volunteering, ustream API, etc. Basically a way that any church can download this ensemble and install Church website 1.0 and be fully functional on day one.

I'd like the project to be on a shared repository so the code is constantly updated. The hope is that we make this a community project so no one-person is responsible, but instead has a growing user base of content contributors. Ideally someone could install the website with a church that didn't have internal staff resources for a website, and that the site could be easily updatable in the future (auto-updatedable like WordPress installs would be awesome)

Cheers !

Cool! I'm into any ideas for community contributed ensembles. I'm working on a boilerplate ensemble based on our agency site as we speak.

Where we had started the project and where we've come has changed just a bit from here. Here's a screenshot of where we are now.. And here is a walkthru of the project as it stands. We upgraded Symphony thru the project, so isn't back to good quite yet. Definitely want to use the new members extension too.. Here is the current dev environment.

@bauhouse what's your email address? I'm kirk@strobeck.com

That's looking great so far! For my email address, you can find me at work or use my gmail account: my username at gmail.com.

I'd be happy to participate. Right now, I'm in the midst of a very large project, so I'll be availalble in snippets of time.

@into, I had a chance to watch your walk-through video. I was very impressed with the approach. Just imagine the flexibility this ensemble would have if different templates were associated with different Tags. It would be possible to create a website without ever having to touch the XSLT.

Thanks for posting your walk-through video!

Is it available on github, in its current state?

I'm curious why you chose Tags apposed to Pages as a group name.

btw, nice work!

Symphony Fatal Database Error Table 'Chruch.sym_sessions' doesn't exist

An error occurred while attempting to execute the following query

am getting this error while installing

@into, what version of Symphony are you using for the ensemble? I had a fatal error when trying to get to the install page (timezone warnings). I updated the Symphony core and was able to install. But I ran into the same error as @jeeva. I fixed the database by running the following SQL:

CREATE TABLE `sym_sessions` (
  `session` varchar(100) COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
  `session_expires` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `session_data` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
  PRIMARY KEY (`session`),
  KEY `session_expires` (`session_expires`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

I want to make sure that the database updates have been made before I commit any changes.

(This might be one of the reasons I like building my ensembles by starting with the official core repository and submodules of the repositories. Then there is no guessing. I always know what point I'm starting from.)

hi i am getting this error

Table 'dbchurch.symsessions' doesn't exist An error occurred while attempting to execute the following query SELECT SQLCACHE session_data FROM sym_sessions WHERE session = 'd8cec2u0hn3uhm1fm999s2mv56' LIMIT 1

oh i'll check into it, didn't test the ensemble first ( gulp )

Okay, not sure why ensemble create failed, but just run this SQL line

CREATE TABLE `sym_sessions` (
  `session` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
  `session_expires` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `session_data` text,
  PRIMARY KEY (`session`),
  KEY `session_expires` (`session_expires`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

Updated the SQL on the project

Church Deploy ( soon to be ChurchDeploy.com )

The project is maturing and we're getting people involved..
If you'd like to be involved, please post your email address or email me kirk@strobeck.com

Project description at https://github.com/kirkstrobeck/Church-ensemble/wiki/Welcome

Kirk, can I ask you to please put the general mission/history content of the last comment into your repo's README so we can keep the discussion here Symphony-specific? Thanks.

Can do @czheng srry !

EDIT

Done :P

Np. Thanks :)