Search

I've created a select box link custom field however it doesn't save its settings. I selected a section called "tags" and selected "Allow selection of multiple options" and click save. I go back and the options and the check boxes are empty again. Ideas?

I just had the same problem with Categories (in the default Spectrum template of a fresh 2.01 install, if that's relevant).

I wanted to be able to assign multiple categories to an article, so in Blueprints > Sections > Articles I checked "Allow selection of multiple options" and now changes don't stick when saving the blueprint. I assume that Categories > Title should be highlighted in the select box itself, above the checkbox. When I save, nothing is highlighted in that select box, and the checkbox becomes unchecked. Quite odd.

I think there might be a lingering bug in Select Box Link where, if you're installing a fresh copy above v1.7 or so, the DB structure is a little off... I've queried Alistair.

Thanks. Looking forward to hearing.

v1.8 of the Select Box Link is on Github which may fix your problem. I had this same frustration when installing Symphony 2.0.1.

With a bit of luck Symphony 2.0.2 is just around the corner, which should include many bug fixes and bundle v1.8 of the Select Box Link.

Hmmm... disabled the existing Select Box Link in Extensions and appended "_old" to the original folder in the extensions directory. Uploaded the new 1.8 (renaming its folder like the original).

Now System > Extensions in the back-end just loads a blank page. I delete the 1.8 folder from the server, Publish > Extensions page loads fine again.

Something wrong with that new extension code. This is in a fresh 2.0.1 install, as I've said. Thanks.

disabled the existing Select Box Link in Extensions and appended "_old"

A conflict will still remain as naming is based on the extension driver, not the folder name.

OK, thanks. Didn't know that about Symphony extensions. Deleted the old directory entirely, enabled the new Select Box Link 1.8 and now things are good again.