Search

i have a page where am using apply templates and attaching the data source to that page , the page display whatever the entry made in the backend , but when i logged out from the backend the content is not getting displayed , the page is empty, if i log in the backend admin part the content is getting displayed, how to sort out this , any fix ?

is maintenance mode on?

where to check that ? am not getting u

did u mean symphony->preferences->maintenance mode (it is unchecked only)

you did not set your page to admin/author-only like the drafts page in the symphony example?

No, even my form upadation from front end is not working when logged out from the back end :( any help

are you using cachelite?

You need to post a bit more information about your environment: How is your index page set up? Which extensions are you using? Are there any errors in the system or PHP log?

Previously everything worked fine i did'nt used any extension , we as a team working in a project so we have a central db and using svn for code, if there is any code and db sync out may cause this problem ?

this issue troubling me a lot any fix for this ?

Help us to help you.

You need to post a bit more information about your environment: How is your index page set up? Which extensions are you using? Are there any errors in the system or PHP log?

index page - type index , and the problem is not in the index page, i have a page called department it does not have any page type, i dont use any extension , no errors still now

another thing is iam getting this issue only for that page alone, all other pages displays the content properly , i dont have this issue in the localhost, when i uploaded in the server this issue arises

Do you have any dynamic XML datasources on that page? Can you provide a screencast?

When you say 'Content Disappears' is it just a section or the whole page returns blank? Do you have errors enabled? Is there anything in the logs?

I have a similar problem, I just added google maps using the utility and related extension, I thought everything was working well, as when I am logged in it shows up nicely in the front-end, but not when I am logged out. Is this related to cachelite? Is there someway to flush the cache? I have " Expire cache when entries are created/updated through the backend?" selected for cachelite so I would be surprised if it is the issue.

I'm using Symphony 2.1.2

If I look at the source of the page when logged out the section is completely missing, if I however I am logged in, or interestingly add ?debug at the end it shows up in the source correctly as:

<script type="text/javascript"> 
          function initialize() {
                    var myLatLng = new google.maps.LatLng(49.1919641, -123.95801169999999);
                    var myOptions = {
                      zoom: 15,
                      center: myLatLng,
                            mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
                    }
                    var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("map_canvas"), myOptions);
                        var marker = new google.maps.Marker({
                                position: myLatLng, 
                                map: map
                            });

infowindow.open(map);
                  }
                  google.setOnLoadCallback(initialize);         
        </script> 
    <div id="event_map"> 
      <div id="map_canvas" style="width: 400px; height: 200px; border: 7px solid #ddd;"></div> 
    </div> 

Actually Symphony 2.2.1 not sure how I read that the other way before. Also how do you enable errors? is that the debug devkit extension? And where would I find the system and php logs on the shared server where I have uploaded it (i.e. I dont' have shell access)

Thanks

Alright, I found out it is indeed a cachelite issue. If I disable this extension then the changes I have made show up. Otherwise they do not. So how do I clear/flush the cache and have cachelite rebuild its cache? Since this: " Expire cache when entries are created/updated through the backend?" was selected shouldn't it automatically clear the cache as I did create a new entry, though most of the changes were to the page template.

As a side note if I added ?anything (?debug, ?fun, ?goingtothezoo etc.) to the end of the url it displayed correctly.

and I went to the cachelite repository and found the details on how to flush the cache i.e. add ?flush=site to the end of any url and that did the trick.

However I am still wondering why it isn't recognizing that I am making changes in the backend.

However I am still wondering why it isn't recognizing that I am making changes in the backend.

From my experience it does recognize changes to entries, whether the change is done through an event or the backend. If you're making changes to pages or utilities, you will need to manually flush.

Also, if you're in development of the site you should not have this extension enabled.

@keijser

i had this problem because my local manifest/config different from my server manifest/config so when i moved the local file to the server all the problem got solved !

@jeeva, check out Symlink Manifest, you might find it helpful to avoid local and live manifest issues.

In general, things were working fine, and creating new or modifying entries worked fine, until I started to modify pages and utilities on the local version and then created the same things on the live server. After that any changes I made on the live server , even on entries that had existed before modifying pages/utilities were not showing up.

So are you telling me that when I am adding a "feature" or new element to a live site I should disable cachelite until I have added all the necessary page and utility modifications?

Would this work? Or should I just flush instead?

The site I am working with is a small business site that has to stay live, so I test and create on my local version and once the local version is working properly with whatever reasonably significant addition I am creating, I go about effecting the changes on the live version.

I am new to Symphony so I am still working out the most effective way to move changes in my development version into the production environment, I have also been toying with the idea of creating an intermediate dev environment on the server, just to make sure everything works on the server before moving to the live site. The content on the live site has been added to and continues to be added, so I can not simply just copy everything over. I have never tried to do database merging... any pointers as to how to setup dev/production environment would be appreciated