Search

How should I store a mapping between 2 sections? I need to store the id of the current logged in member when they complete a form – creating a new entry. Looks like I could use a Select Link field to store username, but not via ID? Should I just use Select Box Links? How do other people deal with this common scenario?

If I don’t want to pass this data through in the form guessing I will need a custom Event? Don't really want people hacking the html form fields changing IDs.

I'd use select box link and grab the id of the logged in user and store it in the section as a linked item to the member name.

You could pass it through as a hidden field in the form if you weren't too concerned about form hacking. Or an alteration to the event would work if you were comfortable with that.

Note Being as the user is logged in though, a hidden field would suffice.. i.e only when a user is logged in would your form be visible no?

If you're using the Members extension then the permissions model should be sufficient to prevent users DOM hacking.

Ahh good point Nick.