Search

Hi Guys.

my symphony project is nearly completed. but now the url has changed. better said I had to run that site on another vhost.

everythin stays the same except the domain.

what do I have to change? in the config.php are only two mail-addresses.. but what else is to do?! sth. to change in database? I cant find anything.

in .htaccess I also dont find anything that needs to be changed.

or is it easier to setup a completly new symphony via git and copy the database and workspace folder?

thx guys

regards wild

To the best of my knowledge, you don't have to do anything (unless you've hardcoded the domain somewhere in your files). I move entire Symphony installations among several different domains, from the local virtual host to my staging subdomain to the live domain, and I've never experienced a problem.

my symphony project is nearly completed

Congratulations!

in .htaccess I also dont find anything that needs to be changed.

Correct. Provided you're still running Symphony at the same directory level (i.e. in the root of the domain, and you're not moving it into a subdirectory) then you don't need to change anything.

Symphony was designed to be as portable as possible. The only things you might have to change are hard-coded URLs inside your own content (if you didn't use relative links).

ok, thx =)

worked fine ;D

love symphony :)

//edit;// nearly have no hard-coded urls in my written extensions - thx :)

I had just changed the owner of workspace and manifest folder.

one thing isnt working atm. the maintenance extension. my site is in maintenance mode and I am logged in in symphony, but I dont see the pages.. there is even the information, that my site is in maintenance mode.

any suggenstion why?

Try to delete the browser cookie. (Most of the time that fixes the issue.)

nope. I already tried that ;/

I think the login data is session based and not cookie. any more suggestions? I already tried switchin the maintenence mode off and on again. even reinstalled the extension - really strange ;o

DELETE, invalid comments... sorry

ok... could have been a browser problem. in firefox the maintenance extensions works as well.. but not in chrome^^

That's Chrome's wonderful bulletproof cache for you (sarcasm).

@designermonkey: Yes webkit based browser caches EVERYTHING :) The first first bookmark in Chrome is chrome://settings/clearBrowserData haha :)