Search

A new extension, "Preview URL Field" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

Nice work.

One mention: on page description, link the repository on GitHub with the public link https://github.com/nick-ryall/preview_url_field.git instead of the private git access link git://github.com/nick-ryall/preview_url_field.git.

Thanks vladG & moonoo2.

The extension page is updated.

Hey the link to git repo from Symphony Extensions page and this thread throws 404 error, so you know.

take the .git off the end...

https://github.com/nick-ryall/previewurlfield

Yup the extension page is updated. Thanks.

I'm using 2.2.5 and am getting a fatal database error when I try to add a preview URL field to a section. This is the error...

The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes 
An error occurred while attempting to execute the following query
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `sym_entries_data_150` ( `id` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `entry_id` INT(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL, `value` TEXT DEFAULT NULL, `key` TEXT DEFAULT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `entry_id` (`entry_id`), FULLTEXT KEY `value` (`value`) )

Has anyone else found this or can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

Yeah, I came across this ages ago and forgot to submit a pull request. Submitted now...

Pretty easy to fix manually though if you need to.

Just remember you'll need to uninstall and re-install the extension for it to re-create the table.

Edit: Pipped to the post by brendo :P Thanks for the technical explanation I was too lazy to write.

Ensure that that table is set to MyISAM. My guess is that you are on a newer version of MySQL where the default table type is InnoDB, not MyISAM. While InnoDB is now the default/standard as of MySQL 5.5, it doesn't (yet) support FULLTEXT indexes, so these tables need to be MyISAM.

Thanks Guys. I'll give that a go.