Search

I'm trying to get an extremely simple send-email event working and there must be something I'm just not getting. I understand the general use for events in adding content to a section and so forth, however all I need is a one-input form that takes an email address and sends it to an author email ('editor' is the author username). Here is my markup (sorry don't know how to format code with this forum):

<form action="" method="post"> <label>Email <input type="text" name="send-email[from]" value="" /></label> <input name="send-email[subject]" value="Email signup for northwillamettevintners.org" type="hidden" /> <input name="send-email[body]" value="fields[email]" type="hidden" /> <input name="send-email[recipient]" value="editor" type="hidden" /> <input id="submit" type="submit" name="action[send-email]" value="Send" /> </form>

On this page (commented out currently): http://www.northwillamettevintners.org/contact/

So do I need to create a "send email" event and attach it to this page? I tried this and get nothing, no xml in <events> at all, no errors, nothing. Does every event have to correspond to a PHP template? In that case can I use save-message in order to use send-email? I tried this with the above markup and got "Section is invalid" as an error. I have no idea what this error could mean, there is a Contact section. In any case it's not a comment form, I simply want to send an email. Do I have to create my own event.send_email.php just to do this?

Maybe [extension] Filter: Email Template will be helpful in letting you send e-mail. I think you have to use an existing event for sending e-mail, which might be save-message. I think the aforementioned extension overwrites this event. If you have enabled this extension, you got the "section is invalid" error because you have defined no section related to the event. Read the other topic for more details.