Search

class.datetimeobj.php uses "strptime" function, which is not implemented in Windows php..

i used to define the function manually inside class.datetimeobj.php as workaround but this causes problems with vcs (git) tracking that unnecessary modification. ignoring file via .gitignore will cause it's deletion from the repository.

any ideas how to overcome that?

any ideas how to overcome that?

I was one of the few Symphony/Windows users for quite some time and overcame it by switching to Linux. Using Git in a mixed Windows/Mac/Linux environment is a huge pain.

Hmm, I am using windows as my main development platform, too, but I have not had any problems with symphony as of yet.

What version of PHP are you running?

5.2 at the moment.

i got that when trying to login into fresh install of symphony 2.2.2 :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function strptime() in W:homesymfony-sandboxwwwsymphonylibcoreclass.datetimeobj.php on line 124

There are ways to implement it on Windows machines.

i got that when trying to login into fresh install of symphony 2.2.2

You should update to Symphony 2.2.3

From the README:

A note for Windows developers

While Windows is not officially supported for production, we understand many developers use WAMP for Symphony development before deploying to a production server. The Symphony team recommends that while using WAMP, developers use the latest PHP 5.3.x version during development to minimise any potential issues. PHP5.3 provides numerous fixes and improvements to help minimise and standardise the result of several functions that behave slightly differently depending on the OS

@brendo, thanks. it's good not to forget about windows developers, at least newcomers won't be frustrated when trying to take a quick look at the symphony.

i saw in a few forum threads that php 5.3 is recommended for symphony, i belive that it should be mentioned in server requirments in footer of the site.