Search

I've been asked to put an availability calendar together for a client.. a sort of Sports Training/Palying Pitch availability Calendar. and I am thinking of having it in the admin area of Symphony for ease of use to client.

What I was thinking is HTML panel field linked to an ESXLT cal page that already exists on front end ( I can replicate the code and change DS's to suit on a new dedicated admin only access page)

The client is ideally after a list of free Time slots on each day based on entries in another section which is setup with Nils' Date/Time field for start and end times.

Does HTML panel field sound like a good choice for this at all?

Cheers for you input.

Does HTML panel field sound like a good choice for this at all?

Certainly does! It was designed for this — when your data is already available through data sources and you need an easy way of rendering it in the backend. Adding content into the backend would otherwise be a job of writing an extension and using a lot of PHP to do the queries and build XML. HTML Panel lets you do this using the tools you know and love: HTML and XSLT.

Smashing! Calendar already exists on front end so I'll give this a bash.. It's a multilingual site, but the CAL is single lang so fingers crossed :) Thanks Nick. See you next week.