Search

Hello,

We have a section in our site, lets call it 'music' where we want to restrict access to public, but allow registered members in. The music page takes two parameters 'genre' and 'artist' as parameters which would give us the following options for the page:

/music/
/music/rock/
/music/rock/ac-dc
...etc...

The designers want to have either the login form or the users profile data displayed on the main page (/music/) while restricting the content at any level below that.

I dont see any way to make /music/ visible while restricting public access to /music/ in the Member Roles section unless I make the area unrestricted and test in xslt.

Any options that people use here to allow the system to protect the pages and still not require a login on a 403 page or separate login page first?

Thanks,

Davlun

So I ended up doing this by testing in xslt for if they are a logged in member or not, and then in xslt load in one template for login instead of another. Just wanted to post what I had done in case someone else wants to know.

If anyone has a better way to handle this, I would love to know it.

I'm sure a custom event could be used to check to see if the member is logged in before page load, and redirect if not.

I haven't got around to it yet, but I will need this ability myself, so if you can hold on I can code it soon...

Thanks, maybe we will revisit this later, but right now we discovered login doesnt work at all on the prod server of our client (same code works locally) and I need to figure out some way to make it work or I have problems. I put up a discussion for it here.