Search

Install: When running "install.php" I am getting: "XSLT Processor Symphony needs an XSLT processor such as LibXSLT or Sablotron to build pages."

I downloaded "libxslt.dll" and "libxml2.dll" from "ftp://ftp.zlatkovic.com/libxml/".

Then I changed my php.ini file to reflect the new extensions:

extension=libxslt.dll extension=libxml2.dll

I put the dll files into the "c:phpext" directory.

The extension directory is specified in php.ini as:

extension_dir="C:PHPext"

The path variable Path has "C:PHP" included.

I am using Apache web server.

Any ideas ?

What Apache distribution are you using? XAMPP comes with all the required modules preinstalled.

Apache Version : 2.2.21, but ok I try XAMPP. I installed all separate.

@Terry, did you get it XAMPP to work?

Installed XAMPP, added extension=php_xsl.dll in php.ini and it looks good.

Terry,

I can confirm that Symphony does work on Windows 7 Pro running XAMPP.

Thanks for XAMPP install suggestion.

I was so much focused on the Symphony server requirement: "PHP's LibXML module, with the XSLT extension enabled (--with-xsl)" so I ended up looking to get the dll's provided by zlatkovic.com working.

XAMPP worked, but in fact selecting the XSL extension in the php wizard when installing just php worked as well (which added [PHP_XSL] extension=php_xsl.dll to the php.ini).

I also changed/added to the apache httpd.conf: LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so and AllowOverride All for the document root directory

I was so much focused on the Symphony server requirement: "PHP's LibXML module, with the XSLT extension enabled (--with-xsl)"

Yeah, I feel you. When I started using Symphony I hardly knew anything about web et all, so it confused me as well.