Search

Hi, I hope I can explain this...

I'm putting together the CMS for a site that has a number of sections. The entry page for each section will have a "Featured Content" block (poster image, headline) along with all the other stuff, latest articles etc...

I want the featured section to be managed by the user, so in the CMS they would actively select which articles would be "featured".

Whats the best way to approach this? Ideally they would be presented with a list or articles (from a particular section) and use a checkbox to select the articles they want. I don't think thats possible but I'm keen to hear how others might achieve this.

Cheers Trist

Definitely possible. Add a "Featured" checkbox field to your articles section, and show this checkbox as a column in the publish table. This will allow editors to select rows and use the With Selected dropdown at the bottom of the page to batch-feature articles.

If you only want one article to ever be featured there is a Unique Checkbox Field extension which is "greedy" — only one entry can be checked per section at any one time. Checking a new entry will uncheck the box on any other entry.

Thanks Nick. Completely forgot about "With Selected", great.