Search

Hi,

I'm looking for a CMS that helps me to improve my Flashsites and so I stumpled across this symphony thing. It looks like it realy would do me a favour. But now I'm facing the first difficulties.

I'm running symphony on a wampp. The installation was easy and perfect. But now I dont know where I can login. I dont see any admin button or URL to go to. So my first question: where can I login to the admin area???

Next thing, I started to fiddle around after the installation, but everything I found behind every link was a 404. Did I made a failure, is this a common failure?

Thanks leerraum

You'll find the login screen under /symphony to where you should have been redirected after the installation process. Are you sure you have mod_rewrite activated? Both, admin and frontend, depend on this apache module.

I have experienced the same problem, if I remember correctly it is fixed in the Apache configuration. Make sure that you have these settings for your Symphony directory and alias in httpd.conf (in /apache/conf):

<Directory "c:/your/path/to/symphony">
    AllowOverride All
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from localhost
</Directory>

To be safe, also check if you have mod_rewrite activated as Nils mentions. You can find it in the same file, just remove the # before LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so to activate it.

hi, thanks for your reply.

mod_rewrite is enabled, checked it. phpinfo() tells me that it's there, and if I create a .htaccess in an empty folder with Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On it gives me no errors.

if I call the /symphony folder it redirects me to http://localhost/symphony/symphony/publish/articles/ and I'm getting a 404 error?

edit: I'm running a virtual host here, so localhost is defined as host too. could this lead to this error.

@carste: works! thank you very much.

No problem, good to have this solution documented and reconfirmed.