Search

The site I'm working on includes a profile Section for each of the Symphony Authors. Each article thats created is linked to a Symphony Author (rather than the profile Section) - I wanted to take advantage of "Select current user by default".

Just like other site with multiple authors I'd like the name that accompanies the article to link to the author's profile.

Is there any danger in exposing the ID of the author (Symphony CMS Author) to the outside world?

Is there any danger in exposing the ID of the author (Symphony CMS Author) to the outside world?

No, not really. But you could expose and filter on their username, or handle of their full name (if you store their full name in the entry in your authors section), and never show the internal author ID to the public.

In fact, exposing the username is the least "secure" of them all because someone might make the connection between that and pasting it into the backend login, meaning they only have to guess a password for the username, and not have to guess both a username and a password. But in reality it's not really a problem.