Search

This question might not be related to Symphony but I'll ask anyway, I am sure someone came across this issue before. When I submit my form using ajax and I specify action="" so the same page gets the request I see my page refresh almost immediately. If I specify action="/some-other-page/" the same requests handing the same xsl code may take up to 20 seconds (it generates a pretty long page). Is it related to the fact that somehow if the request channeled to a different page it has to build complete DOM and then return data to the requesting page (which takes some time) as opposed to start streaming data right away if the requesting page is the same as the action page?

Thank you,

I don't think it should make any difference at all. I'm confused, you say you're submitting the form using AJAX but then the page is refreshing?

Your other page doesn't have to load the complete DOM. Try adding a new page in Symphony who's sole purpose is to accept that POST you are sending. Don't attach master or any other templates and just do a so that you get your XSL of the event back to you.

Not quite sure if that's your speed problem though...

@nickdunn: By refreshing I meant when you see new data appearing on the page when the ajax target element gets populated.

@TheJester12: That's exactly what I did. The new pages's sole purpose was to accept the POST, no extra templates were attached.

This whole thing confuses me as well since I'd expect the same performance (the moment new content starts showing) with action redirected to a new page or the same page.

Very strange... Today I tried the same page, making almost no changes, the results came almost instantaneously. The request time for the dynamic xml didn't change.