Search

Hi folks,

just started my first project using symphony2. Must say it looks and feels amazing. Great job guys!!

But I'm a little bit in trouble, I need to change the root directory. Symphony is installed in www.mydomain.com/blog (therefore the root directory was something like /www/mydomain/blog). Now It is reachable through www.blog.mydomain.com which works fine in the frontend but I can't log in the backend because every time I try to access www.blog.mydomain.com/symphony the system is redirecting me to www.blog.mydomain.com/blog/symphony. Using symphony1 I simply needed to go to the configuration file and edit the root directory but in symphony2 there isn't any entry?

anyone with a hint what to do?

thanks! maik

From 2.0.2 Symphony does not need the root in the config file anymore. Nor the domain name. All you will have to do is change the redirects in the htaccess file.

Ok. Tried it, but maybe I'm not doing it right or things don't work as they're supposed to. I changed my htaccess file and cleared the redirects. www.blog.mydomain.com/symphony opens the login but after login in symphony tries to redirect me again to www.blog.mydomain.com/blog/symphony

Did you edit the correct htaccess? There are two: one in the root directory and another one in the symphony folder. I think you'll have to adjust the latter one.

No, you will have to change both .htaccess files, I think.