Search

Hi,

I'm into final steps to go live with a site built for a friend's company. He is using hotmail as primary email mailbox and all emails coming for the website form are detected as spam.

I don't know if these is a trick to do with email headers or something like that to prevent that situation. In its previous website version, I was not using a form for the same reasons.

Thanks, Sebastien

You need to give us more details, what is the actual email from Symphony that marked as spam and which extension does it uses?

This isn't an issue with Symphony.

Many domains get blocked as spam, and you need to enquire about it being unblocked. Google it to find out how.

The simplest answer is: Don't use Hotmail. They will block a lot of dynamic IPs for spam reasons, so try using a better email host, or even set up email for the domain you have, then you can control it better.

I have an "email" section that contains 3 fields: Name, Email, Message.

I have build a event "save-email" with the built-in email notification filter enabled.

So on my contact page, I have a really simple form that contains, as you guess, the same 3 input fields found on the email section. When user clicks on submit button, the email is sent. In that form, I have added hidden fields used for the email notification filter (sender email, sender name, reply email, reply name, subject, recipient, message). All sender and reply fields are populated with contact name and contact email from the form (to allow a quick reply on the email from the admin mailbox) the subject is defined by myself and the message is coming also from the form. The recipient is the my friend's username within Symphony.

I'm new to Symphony so currently I'm not using other extensions like email template. I don't know if that extension could add more email options... for sure the first enhancement on website will be to use that extension.

Thanks

If you want your emails to arrive, it's best to use something like Postmark or Amazon SES. Both have (partial) support for SMTP, so you do not have to install extensions for them to work. Although they both have their own email gateway, if you need more options.

In my experience, Postmark is easiest to setup, but more expensive.

Thanks for your answers, Postmark pricing is not an issue. Tomorrow I will have time to test and complete this website.

Finally, I'm using http://www.critsend.com and It's working fine! 0.50$ per 1000 emails

Thanks