Search

Hello, Happy Easter everyone,

I built a simple booking system for one of my clients, however they keep complaining that some of the bookings don't make it into their e-mail inbox. This has been so over the past 12 months.

Some e-mails just don't get through. However all (!) bookings are visible in the Symphony backend.

I am using SMTP as gateway in my settings and already double-checked the settings with my client's host (Hosteurope).

Can this be a Symphony-related issue or is the host to take the blame?

Thanks for any help?

Have you taken a look at the Spam filter results of your emails?

Hi Michael,

I just did and changed the spam filter to something less strict, so let's see how that goes.

I've already tried to set it a few weeks ago but the user interface at Hosteurope makes it really hard to find anything.

Anyway, thanks for your help. Let's see if it changes anything...

P.S: By the way, it's still the same project we talked about on the phone last year.

have you configured an SPF record for your domain? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

Hey Nick,

Would you recommend to do that? Sounds a bit complicated...

I just removed all spam filters, so let's see if it works.

Would you recommend to do that? Sounds a bit complicated...

In my experience: SPF records are the easiest (and cheapest!) way of getting your email delivered in the inbox, rather than the spambox. Seriously, it is super-simple, you will be able to find the SPF record to paste into your DNS admin from your email provider. Just paste it in, and you are done.

I second that. SPF is easy and helps a lot. Do it!

Your provider is Hosteurope, right? So you should be able to use this link:

https://kis.hosteurope.de/administration/domainservices/index.php?menu=1&mode=autodns

After login you should be redirected to the right page in the administration interface. Choose your domain, click edit. Now for .example.com choose "points to: TXT", then insert e.g. v=spf1 a mx (the most basic version of an SPF record, saying that the web server and the email server are authorized to send emails). Here are some support articles on the matter:

Setting up an SPF record should become a mandatory part of your workflow when you configure a new domain name. It's no different from adding any other sort of DNS entry (A, CNAME, MX etc). Your hosting provider should have a UI for doing this.

OK, will try that in the next few weeks. Thanks a lot for your help!