Search

I've gotten an error for two different extensions i'v tried to install now, and I have no idea what it means or how to fix. Happens for CacheableDatasource by @nickdunn and also got the same error for globalparamloader by @symphonists.

The error exact error for CacheableDatasource is below. Any info on this would greatly appreciated.

Fatal error: Class Extension_CacheableDatasource contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (Extension::about) in /Users/Admin/Sites/symphony/extensions/cacheabledatasource/extension.driver.php on line 284

It means that the extension has been updated for 2.3

You will need to look at the commit history on Github, and identify the commit before the 2.3 update and download that one.

If you use submodules, add it as usual, then checkout the specific commit. You'll have to commit your main repo to keep the change.

Maybe a compatibility-issue? What Symphony-version are you on? Global Parameter Loader works fine for me with Symphony 2.2.5 and isn't updated for the 2.3 release candidate yet.

I'm running 2.2.5, I'll see if grabbing an older version as designermonkey suggested works out, and report back.

designermonkey is right installed .5 and it works fine. Right in the docs it says it requires 2.3, guess thats what I get for just grabbing the zip without reading documentation.

Thanks for the help appreciate it.