Search

What is the best approach to create different sections for a site that deal with 3-columns contents (home page) and 1-column for other pages?

I assume that you're probably referring to creating a widget-based home page.

So you have all your sections and stuff in the single pages (1 coloumn one) for these I assume you are creating a section for each if dynamic - otherwise a single section and content if they are static pages.

For the home-page what you have to do is create a datasource/section that you want to show and include only the number of entries you would want.

In the master template just include the header / footer which is the same for each page. And in each page template include the rest - you might want to use other utility xsl templates if you have common data/structure showing on different symphony pages.

Sounding advice, while we will still be relied on CSS for styling and positioning with DIV element.

Would be nice with the ability to edit CSS style in Symphony too, don't think there is an extension available except Content Source Code Field?

Thanks!

I don't think it currently is possible to edit css via Symphony. But to be honest it would not make much sense as you would not be able to 'test' these changes live.

Usually I use an extension on chrome 'Stylebot' to test out the CSS I need on the browser then when I am happy I copy these changes into my real CSS files. I found out that it really helps speed up my development / styling.

Ideally your sections will model your content and not style/layout.

Oh yeah, I get the idea! Thank nick.