Search

Would expect most of the clients to unheard of Symphony CMS compare to Joomla, Drupal and Wordpress. As much as I'm quite impressed by the commitment you guys has contribute, how do we able to convince our clients how best can Symphony CMS do for them?

The selling point for me was all about security. Not sure if security is terribly convincing for some clients. Just from talking with people about security they either have little thoughts about it or don't care for it as long as the job gets done...

Symphony has good XSS and SQLi filtering but it can be a hit or miss as for the security in the extensions (esp. in combination with the Hiawatha Web server which adds another layer of security).

[...] the Hiawatha Web server [...]

Another Symphony Hiawatha user - cool. :)

I don't think I've ever had a client express a desire to use any particular CMS, so I've not had to justify my choices. I think if they trust you enough to pay you to create a project for them, they should also trust you enough to select a good and suitable tool.

If one reason you like using Symphony is that you find it leads to quicker development times, you could submit two costs: the one where you have to switch to another CMS being higher.

Symphony being entry-based and not page-based by default is a good one. I'd describe this to a client as meaning it's more flexible and less restrictive, and as making content editing easier (if that was indeed the case for their particular project).

Another possible selling point for you - if they've never had Symphony experience before but have tried WordPress and other systems would be to prepare a 'standard' basic ensemble as a demo and have them try it - show how easy and simple it actually is.

As David said, if they trust you with their money they should also trust you with finding the best possible system for them. I also like to note that expansion/further development costs are usually cheaper in the long run since you do not have to create / edit extensions/plugins to add new sections to the site its really simple with Symphony.

Appreciate! Great tips guys.