Search

I started this extension a few months ago (hence my inquiry about extension content page), but school intervened and I didn’t get a chance to finish it until now. This was probably for the best, since it is ready around the same time as Symphony 2.3.

This extension scratches an itch I’ve had for a while: namely, I wanted a quick way of editing tags across all the entries in a section. I love the flexibility that a tag list provides in terms of categorization, but that flexibility often leads to messiness. You end up with duplicate tags (such as “mathematics” and “math”), or you decide a tag you used last month is no longer accurate and wish you could remove it from every entry using it.

This is my first time mucking around with content pages and database queries and whatnot. So I’d appreciate feedback on the interface as well as the internals.

You can grab the extension from the GitHub repo.

At the moment, Tag Manager does not expose itself in the backend in any way. In order to use it, you have to navigate to:

/symphony/extension/tag_manager/edit/section-handle/

where section-handle is the handle of the section whose tags you want to edit (same as the publish page). At this point you should see a list of the tag list fields for that section.

I would like some suggestions as to how to expose Tag Manager. I could add it to Blueprints or System, but I think authors should have access to it as well. I was looking for a delegate that would allow me to add a button next to the Create New button on a section’s publish page, but I couldn’t see anything like that—would this be possible?