Search

i've been trying to figure out this file size upload problem i'm having but have not been successful. I looked at the config.php file and change the max_upload_size to ~40mb:

'max_upload_size' => '41943040',

then i added this to my php.ini file:

upload_max_filesize = 40M
max_execution_time = 300 ; in seconds
max_input_time = 360 ; in seconds
memory_limit = 64M

However, whenever I try to upload a file larger than the default ~5mb limit, it seems to go through the motions of uploading, but then when it looks like it successfully finishes the upload, it returns me to the "new" entry view. When i go look in my uploads folder, no file is written to the folder. But anything below the default max_upload_size value seems to work fine. I'm also using the unique upload field extension by michael-e if that makes any difference (but reading previous thread, it shouldn't).

I can't find any sort of errors in the server logs either.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

ah, i just saw this setting in my php info page:

post_max_size

since the form POSTs this value needs to change instead.

even with changing the post_max_size php value, for some reason the server isn't processing a POSTed file that is around 28mb. is there anything else I may be overlooking?

could this possibly be the mysql connection timing out once an upload begins? I found this post on stackoverflow.

On some projects, we've seen 500MB+ video files being uploaded without issues. Although we've noticed that sometimes Safari doesn't behave like other browsers when it comes to uploading.

Two things to check:

1. Have you tried uploading using different browsers?
  2. Have you checked phpinfo(); regarding your upload limit settings and made sure new limit settings are being honoured?

hmm taking a few weeks off after setting the post and upload size seemed to do the trick hehe. this doesn't make sense, but it seemed like some sort of setting cache issue (if that is even possible).