Search

A new extension, "Markdown Editor" is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on the issue tracker.

This extension automatically adds a markdown editor to every markdown textarea field on every entry page.

It's a partial port of the Markdown editor from the GitHub Gollum project and inspired by https://github.com/JFrolich/simple-markdown-editor.

Wow, looks really nice and fits in quite well with Symphony. I really like how the link- and image-inserting works.

Room for improvement:

• Handling list-items sucks.
  • Reference style markdown would be nice.

Nice work. I filed an issue on github. Seems like none of the inline editor options is working.

Ahh damn it, my bad. I had epicEditor installed.

I was just wanting to ask that on on github :-)

btw, I really like the fullscreen split view concept of epic editor. I think it'd be a nice feature, especially when writing long texts.

Room for improvement:

• Handling list-items sucks.
  • Reference style markdown would be nice.

What do you mean exactly? The gollum editor doesn't know anything about the context of the cursor in the textarea. It doesn't have a markdown parser or something, so pressing return in a list doesn't add a new list item (like the WMD editor does.) Though you can select multiple lines, and klicking the list button will create a list with each row as a list item.

I might add this. A click on a button can trigger a search and replace or a more complex method where this could be implemented.

What do you mean exactly? The gollum editor doesn't know anything about the context of the cursor in the textarea.

Mhh, seems to be a problem many markdown editors have in common.

For me, WMD works just like I would expect it. Do you think it would be possible to port some of WMD's logic over to newer and actively maintained projects like Gollum or MarkItUp? What was exactly the problem with WMD? I read some people had trouble on Chrome, but on Safari it still works just fine.

I'm biased. I had the problems you mentioned with WMD, which made me look for simpler editors. At first I was missing the intelligent editing features (automatic list item creation, toggeling of inline elements on subsequent clicks, ...), but now I feel they are not worth the hassle. But that doesn't mean that client demands or something else can't change that.

Here's another interesting and also beautiful Markdown Editor called Editor.