Search

Hello,

I have a article called Zelf bellen. I put these in a url on this way :

<a href= {$root}/recent-article/{$year}/{$month}/{$title}

But it becomes :

http://test.tamarawobben.nl/recent-article/2012/03/Zelf%20bellen

So now the url parameter title exist of Zelf+bellen.

So the DS which filter on title don't find the article.

How can I solve this problem.

I tried this translate ( {$title}, %20, ' ') but no luck.

You need to use the handle of the title not the title itself ("zelf-bellen") – it's provided by all fields.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain it a little bit more.

RTFM. If you don't know this stuff by now, you're using the wrong software.

John is absolutely right: this is not a help center, try and help yourself by reading the documentation. Everything you need is available in the basic tutorials: http://getsymphony.com/learn/tutorials/view/say-hello-to-symphony/4/

I have did a quick read of that page and it seems to me that {$titel}/@handle makes this zelf-bellen. So the DS which compare that with zelf bellen says it not equal so no output. But I will read further.

Yes. handle makes it like this zelf-bellen and still no records found.

Then you're probably not filtering on the right field. Every text input field will by default filter on its handle (zelf-bellen in this case). So it should work.

oke, but what if the title is zelf bellen with a space between zelf and bellen. That's not the same as zelf-bellen according to the DS. With title's of one word there is not a problem

As I said, the datasource will not only filter on the actual title, but on the handle, too.

So it will compare zelf-bellen with zelf-bellen. They are the same, so it should return a match. Can you make a screenshot of your datasource setup?

Yes here the screenshot

Oke, I see now that sometimes 1 article is displayed but when the title consist of more then 1 word the whole month is displayed. So something must be wrong with the DS I think.

A basic field has two values. One is the text, for instance: I am a field's value. and the other is the handle-ised version: i-am-a-fields-value.

A datasource will filter on the handle-ised version of the field's value, so if you pass it the handle, via a parameter, it will return your result. It seems pretty obvious now that you're making the url from the value and not the handle.

This is the most basic thing in Symphony. I personally went through the tutorial 4 times before I started asking questions, and I always tried to figure it out before asking. That time 'figuring it out' sometimes lasted a day or so.

Oke, I have read this and will thinking about this. I figured out how I can place the handle in the url. I thought that {$title}/{@handle} would do it but then there is no difference in the output.

Back to a lot of reading.

Show me the XSL where you're outputting the link to the article. Just the single line.

I found it in the DS i checked for {$title} and It must be {$titel}

The line is <xsl:variable name="title" select="titel/@handle" /> and this one : <a href = "{$root}/recent-article/{$year}/{$month}/{$title}">

That's right.

oke, next point adapting the css to the new situationa and after that making a contact form with the extenstion and the site is ready finally.