Search

Hi! Can't figure out how to do it.

If I understood it correctly, it supposed to be as simple as:

• downloading 'symphony2.3.zip'
  • replacing my 'symphony' folder, 'index.php' and 'update.php' files with those from the 'symphony2.3.zip'
  • going to http://mywebsite.com/install/

But, the 'symphony2.3.zip' archive does not include the 'update.php' file. Ok, I tried these steps anyway without updating the 'update.php' file.

Though, when go to http://mywebsite.com/install/ I just get a screen with the following info:

Install SymphonyVersion 2.2.5
Existing Installation
It appears that Symphony has already been installed at this location.

What did I miss?

You also need to upload the install/ directory.

The install/update mechanism has now moved into its own subdirectory but this wasn't reflected in the update instructions.

Thanks! Ok. So, I've redone everything.
Restored the site. Made sure everything works. Then, I have replaced the symphony folder, index.php file, added the install folder and copied over the extentions folder.
The upgrading process seems to finish fine.
But now I get the blank screen in the browser no matter what page I try to access.
I checked the appache's logs.

Thus, if I go to any of the front-end pages, appache writes the following in the log file:

[Mon Jun 25 16:49:21 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchFieldIDFromElementName() on a non-object in /home/www/sit es/nns1/html/extensions/subsectionmanager/extension.driver.php on line 312

If I try to get to the back-end of my site, appache complains as follows:

[Mon Jun 25 16:33:15 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Author::loadAuthorFromUsername() in /home/www/sites/nns1/html/e xtensions/importcsv/extension.driver.php on line 23

Have you made sure all you extension are up-to-date for Symphony 2.3?

Thanks, again! Updating the extensions did the trick. Everything now looks fine.
Now, I'll be playing with this local copy for a while to make sure no supprise will come out.

I'm getting this error when trying to update:

1146: MySQL Error (1146): Table 'athey-beta.sym_entries_data_96' doesn't exist in query: DESC 
`sym_entries_data_96` `date`
15 August 2012 10:04 > Notice: Updater - Migration to 2.3 was unsuccessful

Any ideas?

I encountered a similar error when upgrading to 2.3. I thought I had posted about it somewhere, but I can’t find my post and can’t remember exactly what I did to fix it. :D However, I think the problem was that the sym_fields_date table had rows in it corresponding to sections that no longer existed. Try looking for a row in that table with field_id of 96 and deleting it.