Search

I installed symphony via the old-fashioned way. When upgrading I replaced the symphony folder, the extensions folder and index.php and added the install directory. The upgrading process seems to work fine and I can login again but when I am logged in the Author Relations for every article are lost, i.e. every article relation whatsoever is lost.

I'm sorry if this was already posted but I wasn't able to find any similar discussion.

Best Regards, David

did you copy the update.php file too? Once you've done that you will need to run the update.php script in your browser and also check whether any extensions say they need upgrading after login.

If you're still getting problems after that, let us know...

The upgrade process worked fine. I'm on 2.3 now, my problem is that the author relations are lost. I cannot assign an author to an article via the menu at the bottom-right, but when I opened the section editor once and just saved it, I'm again able to .. but without the old authors reappearing. I would have to link anything again, which is sth. I want to avoid 'cause it's a lot.

Any suggestions on how I can get the relations (like SSM or Author or Select Box Link) back? Or how to upgrade with keeping them?

This might be a bug. Can you log it on the github issue tracker?

Should I log it under some extension or do you think this behaviour is evoked by symphony itself? I'm feeling like it's core symphony..

The Author field is a core field. Until we know what it is, just log it under Symphony.

https://github.com/symphonycms/symphony-2/issues/1376

I just closed the issue because I redid the update process once more and this time it seemed to work fine. Only thing odd is that all ä ö ü are lost :)

Thanks you for your fast and kind help although it seems to be something I did wrong :)

What character set is your database in? For 2.3 it must be utf8_unicode.