Search

Hi guys,

This is probably a very simple XSLT template but I can't wrap my head around it and was wondering if anyone could point me the right direction.

I have 2 sections, which include:

• Gallery
    • Image (File upload)
  • Projects
    • Images (Filemanager)
    • Position (Text Input)

I want to a show a grid of images from Gallery, but when a Project has a position node equal to the current iteration, slot in the first image from the Images field.

This will create a grid of smaller images, but every so often, slot a larger image in linking to a project (similar to Chrome extensions is the best example I can think of)

I believe this is quite similar to Mark's Dynamic Image Placement technique in some ways?

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks,

Mark

p.s. I feel my Symphony knowledge is getting much better but my XSLT is embarrassingly lacking, any recommended books?

Not sure about the XML you have available, but checkout this snippet and see if it can help http://xpathr.com/view/3009830/.

Hi Marco,

Thanks your help on this, I really appreciate your time. I should've pasted in my XML, the solution you posted was very close to what I'm after but not quite.

I think I may have solved this though: http://xpathr.com/view/3010086/

So a position is set in the admin area, and the first image of the collaboration is placed inside the loop when the iteration = the position.

I'm not sure if there's a better way to do this, but it seems quite simple and works? I may have just been thinking it was a bigger task than it actually was!

Would this solution be an efficient way to solve the problem?

Oh now I get it :) Your code looks fine to me!

Looks good to me too! And xpathr WIN :)

Awesome, cheers guys :)