Search

Hi.

Have got symphony and all pre-requisites installed but still seeing...

"Symphony needs an XSLT processor such as LibXSLT or Sablotron to build pages."

I believe the problem is in the php.ini or in the .configure of php. But seem unable to re-configure.

Any help gratefully received.

Which Linux distribution are you using?

We're on a Centos 6.2 VPS. So I'm doing everything over putty.

You said all prerequisites are installed, so I assume libxslt is installed. Have you restarted PHP/the server since installing that?

So:

I believe libxslt installed successfully as 'xsltproc' produces options so I assume that the command is working correctly.

Have restarted the server successfully.

Although, my last attempt to fix this has been to add "extension=/usr/lib64/libxslt.so.1" to the php.ini. That results in an error when I try to restart php...

"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Invalid library (maybe not a PHP library) '/usr/lib64/libxslt.so.1' in Unknown on line 0"

Thanks for the help by the way. Very prompt too.

What version of PHP5 are you installing? Actually, how are you installing your PHP. Are you using the php5 packages from Centos or are you compiling the PHP from source?

Php was already installed on the (rented) server:

"PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Feb 2 2012 23:47:49) Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies"

Would it help to see the "php -i"?

Throw up a phpinfo() script and search the output for both libxml and libxsl. Are both visible? What versions?

libxml enabled, but not libxsl. See whole phpinfo attached. Does this mean I need to compile with libXSLT enabled? If so that's where I got a little flummoxed already. Couldn't find the 'make' file once i'd done .configure

"libxml

libXML support => active

libXML Compiled Version => 2.7.6

libXML Loaded Version => 20706

libXML streams => enabled"

Attachments:
phpinfo.txt

I don't have any experience with CentOS, but if you have PHP installed in Debian from packages you can simply install the XML/XSL packages and restart PHP.

Do you know if PHP was installed via source or via CentOS packages (yum?)?

Not sure how PHP was installed (comes with the VPS), bit reluctant to re-install PHP in case I mess up other working applications.

You could try yum install libxsl;yum install libxslt; and restarting PHP.

As mentioned, I'm not sure of the specifics on Cent OS, but I don't think the above should break anything.

For libxsl I get:

"Setting up Install Process No package libxsl available. Error: Nothing to do"

for libxslt I get:

Setting up Install Process Package libxslt-1.1.26-2.el6.x86_64 already installed and latest version Nothing to do

Which is the one I installed earlier last week.

Do I need a libxsl as well as libxslt?