Search

Hi, I am a web developer. I have started learning symphony. But there are not enough tutorial around like codeigniter or cake php. so can u plz suggest how to start so that i can have a good grasp about this cms?

Hi Rony,

Usually the best way to start is by installing the standard version and playing around with its features. or you could otherwise follow this simple Say Hello to Symphony tutorial

http://getsymphony.com/learn/concepts/ can help you grasp some of the concepts that within symphony

Thanks.. but is there something like creating a dynamic module like building a image gallery which will give good idea about dynamic contents I can look for?

Rony, this page describes how you would build dynamic modules. Basically you are looking to create Sections in Symphony which can be composed of multiple elements (to your desire). You can use fields provided by the Core Systems or otherwise add others provided as extensions. Here is a list of field extensions

To pull this data you would have to use data-sources which are explained very well in the concepts page and the tutorial.

Eg. to build an image gallery, you would have to create a section Images, which would contain an upload field + image title / description. Then you would use a data-source to pull these image into the XML so you can transform the data into the gallery via XSLT

yes thnx :)

Thanx mate the link was good and i have stated to understand the basics... :)