Search

Hey guys, i am learning Symphony and i am wondering how reliable would be to use Symphony to develop a whole new system managing clients, uploading files using Amazon s3 as well as generating reports, invoices, etc.

Would you guys go for a php web application based using custom mysql and some framework as Zend or even Codeigniter or that would be possible using just Symphony?

Cheers.

It should be possible just using Symphony. I know there is an extension for Amazon S3 uploads, and there is also something for generating PDFs (for invoices) used this and its pretty decent.

You would still have to put some thought through it and design your sections properly - as well as an interface for your clients but yes very much possible.

If you intend on using Symphony's backend for the UI, then yes it makes sense. If you're just going to use Symphony as a framework for building the application, then something like Rails or Codeigniter would be more appropriate. Depends how technically familiar you are with each I guess.