Search

I have installed symphony,but can't log on to the administration interface. The log in page is simply not showing. All I have is a page telling "No input file specified."

Any help would be very appreciated!

Unfortunately, what you've written is really not enough information to go by. Some more information would be really useful. For example:

• Who is your webhost, or are you installing on a local server?
  • What web server are you running, Apache, nginx or other?
  • What PHP version are you using?
  • Do you have mod_rewrite (or equivalent) enabled?
  • What version of Symphony are you running and where did you install it to (file path).

I'm using gigahost.dk (denmark) Apache server, php 5.2, rewrite shoul be enabled, I'downloaded symphony from get symphony a few days ago, so it must be the latest version. This is how it loks in my ftp client

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7625/ftfw.png

By the way, when using I.E it shows a 404...

Ola, the image you linked to seem to be gone.

What you're describing really sounds like a rewrite issue to me. Here are two articles that may shed some light to your problem:

Allen, thank you very much for your replies! I'll read the articles carefully.

I have attached screen dump from my ftp-client and my .htaccess file, which should be the unaltered version from the installation package.

Attachments:
.htaccess and ftp.jpg

Both the file structure and the htaccess file themselves looks to be fine. At this point in time, it would be good to eliminate some of the more obvious possible problems.

• Have you tried writing a really basic htaccess rule and see rewrite actually works?
  • Have you checked your server access and error logs to see if there's any useful information to glean from?
  • Have you checked the Symphony error logs to see if there's anything there: /manifest/logs/main

If all else fails, I'd be happy to check your server for you and see if I can find out what's going on.

Allen, my skills are very limited. So I'm not sure how to write a htaccess rule. There doesn't seem to be anything in the error logs, on the server or in symphony. If you would like to have a look, that would be great! Can I e-mail you login information?

Sure. You can reach me at allen (at) this domain.

E-mail is sendt.

Problem solved. As it turns out Gigahost specifically do not allow:

Options +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

Removing this line fixes the issue.

Certain hosts can disallow permissions to override the Options directive, which is likely the cause of the server error in this case.

The specific directive is not essential for Symphony to operate properly, as long as none of the folders you use are symlinked.