Search

So I've got a setup where I use Multilingual Text Box on a Symphony 2.3 unfortunately not all the contents get inserted for all the languages or at the same time. And thus I cannot make fields to be required as its a big overhead having to fill fields in 4+ languages.

Say someone posted an article in German - until the translator replicates this content in English there is no Title field in the backend. This is causing the main item to appear with text None (no big deal) however the id is also not set and there is no edit link provided. Just compared to some previous 2.2 install all the empty/none always included the ID and link.

Any clue if this is something from the core or from the extension. Its a real pain as its not so easy to edit again (got to find the ID) and in addition to this some would be expected to stay blank. Eg an event they want to show only to German clients would be just in German; would only exist in both when being advertised for both. Same for blogs/news they want to publish first translate later.

Due to the multi-national culture of the company I cannot ask to do English always first as French/German speaking prefer to write directly in their native language.

The None link is generated by the field using the prepareTableValue function, so I would check that the Multilingual Text Box first. From memory nothing was changed during 2.3 development so I would expect it to function the same as 2.2.

Ah ok so nothing related to core updates just the extension. Will delve into it first thing tomorrow must be something minor I guess. Thanks for the tip

Turned out it was a problem with TextBox Field filed a pull request to resolve the issue. Thanks for the tip Brendo