Search

Hello,

I'm experimenting with a contact form that lets you select your recipient from a drop down. So far everything is going well, but I cant get the input from the drop down to appear in firebugs Net tab, nor is a message being sent by e-mail. It does get stored in the backend.

I've tried several constructions but none seem to work. How do I get the chosen first name to correlate with the username from the authors section? Is it a problem with case sensitivity or string type maybe?

This is my code for the drop down:

Code here

I would really appreciate some help, because this is the last bug I need to squash before finally wrapping up this project.

The name attribute belongs to the select and not the option. This answers your first question. But I don't really follow what you are asking about the correlation. How are you going to and the email?

Uhm, the Symphony ensemble I originally started out with came with a Save Message Event that requires a recipient to be selected by username. So you feed it a username, that corresponds with an entry in the authors and will send to the email address given there.

So thats what I'm trying to achieve, to make the Event process a first name as username and send a notification e-mail to the selected person in the contact form.

check it out

Thanks for the tip I will try it now.