Search

A new ensemble, “Pears” is now available for download. Comments and feedback can be left here but if you discover any issues, please post it on GitHub.

I am manually notifying the forum about a new ensemble: Pears.

I noted the bug when submitting or updating ensembles.

Very nice! Thanks for pulling this one together!!! Very cool

Love the idea... so theoretically one could make a pears site for every webapp/website to have reference of the different "pears"

Thanks, @bzerangue and @ChriZ.

so theoretically one could make a pears site for every webapp/website to have reference of the different "pears"

Yes. I think that it is definitely valuable to document that design patterns that are used by a site, as a markup and style guide for designers, developers and users of the site.

So each pattern is essentially a separate post? Would be sweet if they could be placed into categories so that we could have a production setup where each category can be a specific website design pattern. I suppose this is possible, yes?

If I understand your question, you are hoping to use a single instance of the Pears ensemble to create multiple libraries of design patterns that are categorized according to website.

You could probably add another parameter to the "Patterns" page to allow filtering by site. Instead of the existing URL parameters, category/title, you could add a site parameter to filter patterns by site.

To enable filtering by site, create a new section for "Sites". Add an input field for the "Site Name". Then add a Select Box Link to the Patterns section called "Site" that is linked to the "Site Name" field. Modify the "Patterns" data source to add a filter for "Site".

Then, the master template needs to modified to enable navigation to the design patterns library for each site.

Yes, it is possible.