Search

I received an ugly Symphony error in class.xmlelement.php involving strlen() and tracked down an old 2.1.2 bug that indicated the issue might be caused by a duplicate entry_id value.

Sure enough, I found a duplicate in a table storing Textarea field values. Removing the row with the duplicate value got the affected page running again.

Looking at the schema, I'm not sure how this happened:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `sym_entries_data_38` (
  `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `entry_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `value` mediumtext COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
  `value_formatted` mediumtext COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `entry_id` (`entry_id`),
  FULLTEXT KEY `value` (`value`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=75 ;

This happened on Symphony 2.3. Immediately prior to this error, I had deleted an item via a Subsection Manager field in an existing entry and saved that entry.

Stack trace attached. Any ideas? Can I provide any further details that might help a more skillful PHP developer isolate the issue?

Attachments:
2012-11-20 10.26.19 am.png

I remember I posted a bug on a similar issue for Textbox Field. Don't remember exactly where (GitHub Symphony or GitHub Textbox Field). @brendo said some unique key constraint must be set to prevent this issue from happening again.

Don't know what that means :)

I'm not a MySQL expert, but

UNIQUE KEY `entry_id` (`entry_id`),

would seem to indicate that such a constraint was set. I'm unaware of any way to circumvent this constraint in an insert query. Is it possible that the Textarea field could have done so?