Search

Hello,

I just started to use symphony and I am getting a few problems.

I am currently running the server on an Ubuntu 12.10 (on a vbox virtual machine) i7 950 2 gigs ram on the VM.

So I basicly installed a classic lamp server: -php5+ -mysql server 5+ -Apache2

And so forth. When I go on the install page it says all requirements are met and that I can enter the information for the websites preference.

A bit above I get some errors: Strict Standards: Declaration of MD5::hash() should be compatible with Cryptography::hash($input, $algorithm = 'pbkdf2') in /var/www/intern/symphony/lib/toolkit/cryptography/class.md5.php on line 54

Strict Standards: Declaration of MD5::compare() should be compatible with Cryptography::compare($input, $hash, $isHash = false) in /var/www/intern/symphony/lib/toolkit/cryptography/class.md5.php on line 54

Strict Standards: Declaration of SHA1::hash() should be compatible with Cryptography::hash($input, $algorithm = 'pbkdf2') in /var/www/intern/symphony/lib/toolkit/cryptography/class.sha1.php on line 53

Strict Standards: Declaration of SHA1::compare() should be compatible with Cryptography::compare($input, $hash, $isHash = false) in /var/www/intern/symphony/lib/toolkit/cryptography/class.sha1.php on line 53

Strict Standards: Declaration of PBKDF2::compare() should be compatible with Cryptography::compare($input, $hash, $isHash = false) in /var/www/intern/symphony/lib/toolkit/cryptography/class.pbkdf2.php on line 170

They don't seam to bug the installation.

After I fill up the form it says it is successful.

The problem is after when I try to go to admin page I just see the directory of symphony/ and nothing else. I can go down ../ and I see the symphony basic page.

I really don't see what is wrong I checked permissions for install every time and followed each steps but I do not see what is wrong and why I cannot see the admin page.

Thanks a lot for your help I am really new at this.

Hi, which version of PHP are you using exactly? php5 is quite vast... ideally you'd be on php 5.3, however I have a feeling you are using 5.4 which is still not fully supported yet, due to some strict errors which seems like you are having.

Also there could be something with the Apache redirect rules, if you are not able to view /symphony do you have mod-rewrite Apache module enabled?

I got same errors on local installation (Mac with MAMP Pro, PHP5.3.15), but continuing all things works fine except the Password Recover, page seems like refresh and nothing happen, I try do same on server, Dreamhost, the erros can't show in installation but the Pass Recover is nothing works.

Ideas?

These errors are because the error reporting levels are set to the highest, which means it's informing you of all the notices and strict notice breaches that we used to hide. I say used to because work is being done to remove all these notices from Symphony!

If you can turn your error_reporting down on these servers hopefully you get some progress!