Search

Hello,

What could be the reason for my config.php file constantly getting reset, especially the date format?

Might any extensions be causing this, e.g. Nils' German Language extension (which is fabulous by the way)?

This has been happening to me in virtually all Symphony versions up to the latest one (2.3).

Thanks for any help...

I've never seen this before, but a quick solution would be to remove any write permissions after install.

Yeah I haven't heard of this one before either! When you say reset, do you mean to the default config file that Symphony provides or just some values being reset?

If it is some values, we may be able to deduce what extension (or if an extension I should say) is causing the errors by noting where the values start being reset and where they save successfully.

The German translation changes the date format to German standards when enabling the extension. But these changes are only done once on on install – it restores the initial settings on uninstall.

If this is what you are seeing, it's a feature and not a bug.

Hello,

I am seeing this all the time! Since my very first Symphony installation about two years ago.

I must admit that I am using Nils' German language extension in nearly every project, so I suspect that is the cause.

When I haven't touched a site for a number of weeks, and then log back in, sometimes the date fields show None instead of the date.

When I take a look at the config.php file, I see this:

###### REGION ######
    'region' => array(
        'time_format' => null,
        'date_format' => null,
        'datetime_separator' => null,
        'timezone' => 'Europe/Berlin',
    ),
    ########

I then have to reset all the values by hand and then everything is fine. It's just a bit tedious in the long run.

This happens to me all the time, even without having touched any extensions before.

But since this has never happened to any of you guy, I suspect that some of my server settings are wrong.

@Nils: You're on All-Inkl. to, right?

This is certainly a bug in the German translation and has nothing to do with your server settings. I remember that there once was a problem like this but I'm sure this has been fixed.

Have you checked that you are using the latest version?